College & Career Center Coordinator
(909) 930-2929 Ext 2263
FIVE WAYS ED PAYS
TIPS FOR WRITING AN ENTRY-LEVEL RESUME
Just because you don't have existing skills or experience in a traditional work setting doesn't mean you can't craft a convincing resume.
Here are some helpful tips and articles to help you...
- GIVE YOURSELF A PROFESSIONAL TITLE (BRAND)
- Create your own brand that portrays you as a professional with valuable expertise
- i.e. "Susan Williams - Administrative Assistant" or "Charles Escobar - Customer Service Specialist"
- Set yourself apart from other entry-level applicants
- FOCUS ON YOUR EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- What can you do well that this job requires?
- What will be useful to the hiring company?
- What have you done in school and what have you studied that has prepared you for this job?
- TAKE INVENTORY OF YOUR ACTIVITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Narrow the list to include most relevant to this job
- INTERNSHIPS, EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES, OR VOLUNTEER WORK
- Internships and career-related experience is very important
- TECHNICAL DETAILS
- Make sure there are no punctuation, grammatical, spelling or other errors
- Ensure your email address is professional or appropriate in nature
- See the links below for additional information
NEW FSA ACCOUNT
FSA account will replace the FAFSA PIN number, for more information visit:
Federal Student Aid
FINANCIAL AID PROCESS
Helpful info for UC applicants:
Application Assistance: 1-800-523-2048
Please take a minute to apply for your PIN if you are planning to apply for FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). It is MANDATORY for students and parents to have a PIN number. Please come into the College/Career Center if you need help with the process.
Private universities have varying filing periods, so make sure to keep track of when applications are due. You can use the websites provided on this page to find out about the application process for your school of choice.
Career Planning Websites:
The Occupational Information Network
Career One Stop
Ivy League Schools
Free Scholarship Search Sites
Foster Youth Grants
Students with Disabilities
Teach for America
Gates Millennium Scholarships